Remove this ad

rezzdogg

hall of famer

Founder/Admin

Lead

01/02/17 05:20 PM

Tags : :

Hi Guys,

I have been managing better through the pain of my arthritis although my life has had some new bumps in the road.

The human service agency in New York City that I was working for had some very serious fiscal issues that were being concealed, and they eventually lost the contract for my statewide program funded by the State Health Department, which had been doing quite well.  I lost my job. Very sad. 

It seems I have remained even busier than when I was working, however.  I have remained involved with my statewide and regional work groups, and completed a six month training with the University of Buffalo School of Social Work.  I have also been doing a lot (A LOT!) of unpaid work in recent months to set up some consultant work for myself, and it is finally about to pay off.  I’m in the final stages of contracting with the State Health Department for two projects that will start bringing in income again later this month, and I have a couple of other possible projects in development.

In the longer term, it’s quite possible I may be reunited with my program at the agency I used to work for some 20 years ago.

I’ve also been very busy with other life changing events.  I’ve moved my mother into assisted living, which has really improved the quality of her life.  She’s had two pit stops in rehab along the way, and I’m now starting the process of clearing out her house for sale.

Although there has been difficulty in these changes, I also know that I am moving on to a better career and a better life.

My thanks and apologies to those of you who have reached out to me in recent months and for not being able to get back to you; it’s been absolutely nuts for me, and I appreciate your support.  It’s been all that much harder not being able to be here and be a part of this great community.  I’m so glad to see that it continues to be such a great place.

While my life has been largely – and sadly – Strat free – there have been a couple of wonderful exceptions.  Mike, Coach, and I were able to convene in August for our annual Cooperstown get together.  It was a great day of face-to-face fun.  I had a meeting in Albany in early November and went in a day early to visit with Mike and his lovely wife Jane in Lake George.  It was a day of homemade meatballs, guest managing in Mike’s ’67 project, music, chess, and great conversation.  Did I mention homemade meatballs?!

My time will largely not be my own in the coming months as my old life comes to an end and my new life begins.  I know that, eventually, the new life will be a better one, but I don’t know how much time it will allow for Strat.  I will  check in as time allows – hopefully it will be more often than it has been recently.  I remain forever grateful that I was able to start-up this community for guys like us.

rezz

Player to be named later

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

rezzdogg

hall of famer

#2 [url]

01/06/17 01:53 PM

Hi Paul!

Thanks.  I'm hoping you'll be finding some time to get back to get back to your 1951 project.

Ken

Player to be named later

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help