Remove this ad

softballcoach

hall of famer

Lead

05/30/17 01:58 PM

Tags : :

Is anyone familiar with the miniatures set. It may have been through strat-o-matic of maybe another source
I some how acquired these cards years ago and just came across them while doing an inventory on my collection
I think it may be the 43 team set that strat o matic used to sell along with their oldtimers sets but I'm not sure why they are miniature sized
and I think I have about 20 teams from 62-76.....most of the teams have 20 cards but a few only have 18 or 19 which has me wondering if I may have lost a few cards
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

gwloar

hall of famer

#2 [url]

06/20/17 07:27 AM

Coach - I just saw this post. Yes, these were teams (beginning in 1962) and running through (I think 1976). I think they were miniatures because Strat printed them on a perforated sheet (before they began doing that routinely). At some point, they re-produced this set in regular-sized cards. It had some good teams - 1962 Dodgers were a favorite of mine. These were all just copies of originally printed teams so if the original was only basic - 1960's for example - that's what you got. If they had an advanced side (1970's), then these miniatures were double sided. I am pretty sure that all of the teams had 20 cards. I still have 41 of the 43 teams (somehow lost the 1972 Astros and 1970 Reds). I checked these out with Moonlight. They are not worth much unless still on the sheets.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help