Remove this ad

Stratfan 68

farm hand

Lead

07/04/17 08:19 PM

Tags : :

Hello,
New member here.  I played strat o magic baseball years ago and greatly enjoyed it. Always played the basic game.  I don't know what happened to the game as I think one of my parents might have ditched it.

i saw the baseball express game and was intrigued. Had it had all star players from the 70s and 80s like Carew, Bench, Rose, Gooden etc I would have picked it up and played it a lot. My question to those of you that have it, is there any way to use the older card sets? I like the small footprint of the game. Have any of you been able to use the basic side of other cards with this set?  I notice basic cards have the X indicated which is not on the express set. I don't remember the x fielding charts. Only this one.
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic467109_md.jpg

is there a way around this or will getting the x chart help?

Secndly, if there is no way to use the regular basic cards with the express set, any suggestions to play the regular game and reduce it to a smaller footprint? Maybe use components of express and the cards and charts of the regular game? Just trying to think of ways to play again but not have a whole table full. 

thanks all!
Stratfan 68

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

8pirates21

superstar

#1 [url]

07/05/17 08:35 PM

Welcome to the Village,

Not sure how to answer your question specifically but,

If you have a favorite season, team, player(s), decade etc.  take it from there.  Start where you feel comfortable and build upon it.  I can't speak for everyone here at the village but I am pretty positive in saying that many of us started small and worked upward from there.

For me personally I chose the '60 and '71 seasons because of my childhood favorite team the Pittsburgh Pirates.  When I was younger I started on the basic side and worked upward to the super advanced version of the game.  Just know that you don't have to conquer any of this quickly, simply enjoy whatever you have selected and happy rolling.

Until next time,

RTJR

Quote    Reply   

Stratfan 68

farm hand

#2 [url]

07/05/17 09:45 PM

Thank you for your response!

yes I'm looking at a few teams to start with.

what I was hopong to find out is if the regular basic cards could be used with the baseball express set. I know it doesn't include rules for the X charts but was wondering if the other charts (abc) were the same as in the regular game. 

I'll probably end up getting a basic set and picking up some teams. I'm just looking for a smaller footprint setup.

Stratfan 68

Quote    Reply   

thekline

hall of famer

#3 [url]

07/05/17 11:13 PM

Welcome aboard! I'm not sure what the express set has with it, but you can pick up an X-chart for a couple of dollars or less on Strat's site or Ebay. Most of us were like you, playing as a kid, taking a break, then rediscovering the joy later in life. Just do what makes you happy. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help